Advantages of PVC-O Plastic Piping.
The below information is extracted from our joint partner – MOLECOR
(Sizabantu Piping Systems Official Distributor of Molecor South Africa)
The TOM® pipe is the one that provides the greatest performance in meters / hour installation compared to other solutions. This is due to:
- Its lightness and flexibility allows a speed of installation impossible with other types of pipes.
- The almost indestructible TOM® pipe makes that its manipulation can be performed with higher discharge and placement performance rates.
- The ease of connecting pipes provides very high performance rates.
The TOM® pipe is lighter and can be handled easier than pipes made of other materials: it weighs less than the half of PVC and PE pipes, and between six and twelve times less per linear meter than cast iron pipes of an equivalent nominal outside diameter.
Data for DN 200-250 mm
Its lightness allows its handling and installation without mechanical aids such as cranes, feathers, etc., being able to be manually connected pipes up to DN 250mm. In this way, both labor and the use of heavy machinery are reduced, reducing thereby the installation costs.
Besides this, the ease connection of the pipe and its adaptability to the ground line due to the flexibility of the pipe also influence in this higher installation performance.
The innovative manufacturing process of the TOM® pipe, has great energy efficiency, requiring much less energy than the needed for the production of pipes of different materials, and even less than other PVC-O pipe manufacturing processes.
Moreover the extreme smoothness of the inner wall of the TOM® pipe minimizes pressure losses, so that the energy required for transport in the water lines is also lower.
Bearing in mind that the pumping stage is the stage of the life cycle of the pipe where energy consumption is higher, the optimization of this consumption results in significant savings in energy by increasing the energy efficiency of the network and therefore a reduction in the economic costs.
Optimal environmental performance
Sustainability is a key concept for Molecor© within its activity. Therefore, the company has committed to a sustainable production respecting the environment and preventing pollution when manufacturing its Oriented PVC (PVC-O) TOM® pipes, which is one of the greenest pipes in the market, contributing in this way, to a sustainable development of the planet.
To its insuperable technical qualities, the TOM® pipe links its commitment to the environment, supported by four principles:
- Resource efficiency,
- In its manufacture and use it consumes less energy.
- Fewer raw materials are used to achieve a higher technical performance pipe, since the molecular orientation process significantly reduces the thickness of the pipe wall. Thus, in the manufacture of this pipe less amount of oil is also consumed than in the production of other plastic pipes.
- Better environmental footprint, among other reasons, thanks to the lower energy consumption, the CO2 emissions emitted into the atmosphere are lower, thereby the behavior against global warming improves.
- Optimization of the water resources, the complete sealing of the joints and the durability of the pipe against degradation, prevent leakage of channeled water.
- Total recyclability, PVC is a 100% recyclable material that can be reused for applications with less technical requirement, i.e., cable sheathing or manufacture of packaging.
The networks carry a scarce and necessary good: water. Therefore, an alliance between economic saving and environmental protection should be created. The correct choice of the material used in the network will provide a long service life.